And we are now waiting on fate to decide itself for us... (Something I feel we've done enough of in our short married life). Josh posted two weeks ago about how we have some important decisions ahead of us and could use some prayers... and that is still very true.
Here's the situation: We do not know what we will be doing next year. Josh was told he may only have a part-time position for the fall at his current school. Although he could have a full-time position still, they are just not sure what they have room for in the budget at this time.
That information has put a kink in all of our best laid plans for the next few years and could potentially change everything for us.
The good news is that if all else fails, at least he has a job.
And then there is our financial situation. We are still waiting on the settlement from Josh's car accident, which will free us from much of our debts. May 8th will be six months since Josh's car accident, and the start of settlement negotiations, we hope. We are ready to move forward and get past his awful ordeal and finally have money again.
IUPUI's Math Education graduate program, just in the nick of time. We don't know if he will be accepted or if he will take a full course load or attend part-time.
Before Josh's accident we were planning on him applying to several graduate schools in various states and attending grad school full-time. But since many deadlines were in December and January and Josh wasn't mentally up to applying as he was recovering from his accident, we decided to forgo with grad school for the upcoming year... or so we thought at the time. We still don't know if now really is the best time to start working on his graduate degree, but we are hopeful it is.
2. Besides that we have begun applying to work at other schools and school districts within Indianapolis and surrounding area. So far Josh has applied to six schools, and plans to apply for more as they arise.
And again we don't know if this will bear fruit. We don't know if they will call for interviews, and ultimately offer him a job, and then we don't even know if that will be what is right for our family or not.
We are trying to keep all our options open, thinking that many options are better than one or none.
The hardest part of course is that all we can do is pray and wait. We will continue applying for jobs until we know for sure what it is we want to do this fall based upon what opportunities present themselves.
We are waiting on fate and time. We keep praying that God will direct our path and help us know what avenues to explore, and help us pay our bills (and living expenses) until we reach a settlement. We feel like we are living on borrowed time.
And can I tell you how stressful that is?
While I try to relax and have faith that everything will work out (because I know it ultimately will) it is not always easy not knowing where and what you will be doing in less than four months time.
For those of our friends who have been at the crossroads of fate what have you done to get through that stressful waiting time with faith and patience?